Join the effort to get Maryland moving!
A new bipartisan coalition is now working for short-term and long-term relief for one of Maryland’s and the nation’s worst traffic bottlenecks, through a combination of:
- short-term capacity management and interchange investments
- long-term capacity expansion with new electronic toll lanes to ease congestion
- new dedicated bus-rapid-transit service using those new lanes
- toll revenue from the new lanes would pay for a significant share of the cost
- current general purpose lanes would remain free of charge, while offering a less-congested toll alternative to anyone who wants a faster, more reliable trip to destinations up and down this important travel corridor.
The coalition is calling for a re-start of two key project studies that would allow a series of key multimodal projects to move forward and dramatically reduce congestion for years to come — just like we have seen happen with the Wilson Bridge replacement and the ICC — both of which are now highly successful examples of significantly reducing congestion by investing in our region’s long-neglected transportation system.
Learn more at: www.Fix270Now.org